Tuesday, December 4, 2012

From the archives: Colonial Christmas

Thanksgiving was spent at home, with family and no holiday weekend is complete without a trip to Williamsburg. We headed to the market and I was hoping to find another natural, colonial style wreath for my front door, but none of this year's designs jumped out at me. Instead I picked up some pineapple ornaments as gifts. The pineapple is a big deal in Virginia and is our symbol of hospitality. It's everywhere in the colonial areas. Read more about the history here.

I didn't get to do any holiday activities in Williamsburg this year, but never fear, here's my post about the holiday house tour and Grand Illumination in Colonial Williamsburg from two years ago. I love it just as much now as I did then!

Also, just for fun, here's the links to all the videos I posted of the fireworks and Fife and Drums from that year's Grand Illumination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment