Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Roundup

This week has been big, huge actually, but now it's a rainy, sleepy Friday in our house. Between naps with Grover, here's what has been good to read.

1. This one is a great find from my running buddy Markeshia. It's a good read and good questions. I especially like No. 9. I ask myself questions like this all the time, which might be why I am regularly disappointed with myself. But, constantly questioning myself is getting me to where I want to be, and I'm not just talking about international travel. While you're at it, you should check out this awesome blog that Markeshia and her friend write.

2. Today is the 71st anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. This is an extraordinary story by a woman who was a reporter in Hawaii that day. Her editors never ran the story she wrote, but it was published this week by the Washington Post.

3. Came across this one earlier this week, even though it's from January. People will always find excuses not to travel, here's why you should not fall into these traps. I totally agree. We celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday last weekend and at one point I was looking at her and grandpa (who've been married for more than 50 years) and I thought to myself, when I am that age, I don't want any "What ifs." Live for now, life will usually keep up with you.

4. Having been to Italy earlier this year, this was a fun read. I've been to Rome and Venice, on two separate trips and I loved them both in different ways. Now I just need to get to all those other places.

5. This is where I'm going...on Monday! Yikes! So excited, but of course, not packed!

Happy Friday y'all. You're moment of cute for the afternoon: Grover after this morning's early (early!) run.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to check out all your links and thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! Excited to catch up on your blog and looking forward to all the new awesomeness you come up with!

    ReplyDelete